Great Day Farms
Breakfast Omelet Roll
Submitted By: Lisa Douglas
Bio: Lisa Douglas is an Army wife raising seven kids originally from New York now living in the South. She shares humorous parental war-stories, yummy homemade family-friendly recipes, craft tutorials, hilarious family videos, and so much more. Lisa's on a journey to savor every "small" moment, finding the humor in the joy in everything (even diapers and laundry).
2 Great Day Farms eggs
2 cooked strips of bacon, crumbled
2 slices of cheese, cheddar preferred (or 1/2 cup of shredded cheese)
handful of raw spinach
couple slices of sliced turkey or chicken (we used lunch meat)
fresh ground salt and pepper
- (You do not have to bake this to serve, but, should you want to, preheat your oven here to 350°.)
- Spray your omelet pan with cooking spray and dab with a little bit of butter, for extra non-stickness. (If you're choosing to add garlic, add it to the butter here to heat up.)
- Whisk together both your eggs until really really frothy.
- Once the pan is hot and sizzly, pour the whisked egg into the pan, swirling until the bottom of the pan is fully covered and even; season with salt and pepper.
- Once bubbling and cooked on all edges, flip over with a spatula; season again, and turn off the burner.
- Remove the cooked egg from the pan and onto a plate, laying flat.
- Start layering the ingredients onto the egg - cheese first (to melt), then bacon, spinach, finally chicken/turkey over top.
- Pinching tightly at one end, roll as tight as you can the egg over top the mixture, forming a roll, until you get all the way to the other side.
- From here, you can choose to bake it in your toaster or oven in a pie plate for a couple minutes, to really seal together all the flavors.
- Serve seam side down on a bed of spinach or over hash browns (or, ooh, even Potatoes O'Brien) and season with salt and pepper gently again over top.