Great Day Farms
Parmesan-Herb Broiled Egg-in-the-Hole
Submitted By: Heather Disarro
Bio: Heather Disarro is a native Texan who now lives in Little Rock with her husband Nate, son and two rambunctious labs. She graduated from Texas Tech University in 2006 with a degree in Restaurant/Hotel/Institutional Management and English. After forays in the restaurant, fashion and outdoor apparel industries, her passion for food, writing, photography and travel led her to begin a food- and life-based blog, Heather’s Dish, where she blogs on a daily basis. She also coordinates a blog dedicated to encouraging women to see their own true beauty, FacesofBeauty.org, which is run solely from individual contributions. In her free time you can find Heather working out, playing hide-and-seek with her son, kneading bread or hiking with her family. She is a wife, mother, storyteller, writer, hopeful crafter, and all-around completely blessed!
4 slices bread of choice (recommend a hearty bread with seeds and nuts)
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh or dried
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread each slice of bread on both sides with butter.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each bread slice.
- Place the bread slices in the skillet to brown slightly.
- While the first side is toasting mix together the Parmesan, parsley, pepper and garlic.
- Turn the bread slices over, and immediately crack the eggs into the middle.
- Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and place under the broiler.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until the whites are just set.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.