Great Day Farms
Cheesy Chile Relleno Skillet
Submitted By: Heather Disarro
Bio: Heather Disarro is a native Texan who now lives in Little Rock with her husband Nate, son and two rambunctious labs. She graduated from Texas Tech University in 2006 with a degree in Restaurant/Hotel/Institutional Management and English. After forays in the restaurant, fashion and outdoor apparel industries, her passion for food, writing, photography and travel led her to begin a food- and life-based blog, Heather’s Dish, where she blogs on a daily basis. She also coordinates a blog dedicated to encouraging women to see their own true beauty, FacesofBeauty.org, which is run solely from individual contributions. In her free time you can find Heather working out, playing hide-and-seek with her son, kneading bread or hiking with her family. She is a wife, mother, storyteller, writer, hopeful crafter, and all-around completely blessed!
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 (10-ounce) cans whole green chiles
2 cups queso blanco
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet with oil or butter and set aside.
3. Whisk together the milk and cornstarch until smooth; then whisk in the eggs, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
4. Drain the green chiles and split them all in half.
5. Lay half of the chiles in the bottom of the prepared skillet.
6. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
7. Lay the remaining chiles in an even layer on top of the cheese.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the chiles.
9. Gently pour the egg mixture over the top, and gently shake the pan from side to side to distribute the egg mixture.
10. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes, until the middle is no longer jiggly.
11. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving.