Great Day Farms
Lemon Berry Cheesecake
Submitted By: Natalie Zanatta
Bio: Mom of 3 encouraging others to live happy, healthy lives no matter what their circumstances are. I help to expand resources through gluten free recipes, fashion/beauty, diy, & eco-friendly as well as exploring creative outlets.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick of butter (melted)
- 3 packages greek yogurt cream cheese (or substitute your favorite)
- 3 Great Day Farms Eggs
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- juice from 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1-2 TBSP Lemon Zest (depends on taste preferences
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 TBSP Truvia Baking Blend
We try to test out new recipes to spice things up for at home date night and family time together. My husband LOVES cheesecake so I decided I needed to learn to make a healthier version for our family to enjoy at home. Cheesecake can have some great health benefits like the 126 mg of Choline found in each large egg yolk and the antioxidants found in blueberries! I am a work-in-progress when it comes to cheesecake baking so my failures may offer you some help. If you are as well, keep in mind that extra air from over-whipping filling can result in cracks as well as over-cooking. Cheesecake should be set with a slight jiggle.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together. Then press into 8 inch Springform pan.
2. In mixer, combine the filling ingredients until smooth. Pour into pan.
3.Bake for 45 minutes or until the cheesecake looks set.
4. Allow cheesecake to cool for 20 minutes. Then place cheesecake in refrigerator for 2 hours with a towel (or potholder) underneath.
5 While waiting prepare topping if desired, place all the topping ingredients into pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes (or until blueberries start to break down).
6. Once 2 hours is up place blueberries topping on cheesecake.